Church of San Pantaleón
The Church of San Pantaleón in Liérganes is located at a high point, south of the town, with an outstanding tower. This tower belongs from between 15th and 16th centuries and presents pointed arches on the ground floor and rounded ones on the superior. One of the alcoves was closed in 1747 and a mechanic clock was installed.
This is the best example of religious architecture from the era, although its exact chronology is unknown. It keeps some traits from the Romanesque period, although some historians have dated it back to the second half of 13th century. Its augmentation dates from 15th century.
Characteristic of this reformation are the segmental arches on the Epístol wall, or the sober spires adorned with crosses, human heads, birds and quadrupeds.