The Bishop Portal
This is one of the best Portals or doorways in Cantabria, as well as one of the most beautiful. It was built in 1709 and is one of the few remains of the estate that belonged to Oviedo’s priest, Sir Juan Montero de la Concha. It is presided over by the coat of arms of Monterio, Obregón and Velarde, and has three parts. The first entrance arch is adorned by vegetable reliefs and other motives, the second one has a big emblem and the attic is finished by a rosette and pinnacles.