Slide of Lunada
The Slide of Lunada is one of the most surprising settings in the Miera valley. Designed by Austrian engineer Wolfgang Mucha, it was a wooden structure used to move tree trunks down the mountain sides.
It was built in a base on a stone of approximately 1,700 metres, of which only parts remains. It had a grass court, named “Finca de la Pila”, located at the foot of the slide, with some dams and a one storey house, with an emblem referring to Carlos III.
This invent from 1791 was located on the rightside margin of Miera river, 10 Km from San Roque de Riomiera, near to Portillo de Lunada. This industrial heritage from 18th century is considered as Inventoried Good since 2003, due to its great size.